Often, people like to make videos showing how to do something on a device or laptop. Most devices make it easy to do short screen recordings, in a variety of ways.
- Zoom in on your screen using Ctrl or the Mac sign and the plus key (+). This will make the screen recording clearer and larger.
- Use headphones with a mic – this will pick up your spoken words more clearly.
- Don’t be afraid to take more than one recording.
- These videos are most often accompanied by text explanations. If they are narrated, they would also need to be captioned.
Choose your device
To screen record on an Android phone or tablet, you’ll need to use a third-party app. There are lots out there, and here are a few of the more highly rated free apps.
Evaluate the one that’s right for you, then download it from your device’s app store.
You can screen record in a variety of ways on a Windows PC. Try one of these solutions:
- Use the screen recording tool built into PowerPoint. Right click on the recording to save it as a video file.
- Use Windows key + G to open the Game Bar and record.
- Use a free tool like Screencast-o-matic. Create an account using your school email.
- If you want to do more complex videos, use another free software like Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) or request an Adobe license from IT Services.
More Video Tips
- October 4, 2019
- < 1 minute ~
- This work is licensed under a Creative Commons CC-BY Attribution 4.0 International License.