Post contributed by Conestoga Library Services.
Do your students need help in enhancing their digital skills? Then consider connecting them with self-paced resources and workshops that can help.
Library Services has developed a new Digital Skills Toolkit. This resource, designed in collaboration with The Learning Portal and Conestoga’s IT Services, provides you and your students with self-paced modules for learning various digital skills essential to student success.
Tips and videos cover topics such as:
- Computer and software skills with eConestoga, Zoom & Teams, Office365 and more;
- Creating, editing, uploading and captioning videos;
- Presenting online;
- Designing infographics;
- Building websites;
- Developing academic posters.
Digital Skills Workshops
Refer your students to one of our many digital skills workshops, offered most weeks throughout the term. These hands-on sessions teach students essential technology skills for student success. We post all workshops on the Co-Curricular Portal under Teach Me Tech Services.
You can also request a workshop during your class time, just for your students. Contact the Library to make arrangements.
Past workshops have included:
- Getting to Know Conestoga Tech – Orientation Workshop;
- Presenting Effectively Online using PowerPoint;
- Creating Videos;
- Using Mindomo – Mind Mapping and Visualization Tool;
- Productivity Tips and Tricks with Chrome Browser Extensions;
- Excel: Formulas and Functions;
- Microsoft Word for Academic Papers;
- Office 365 Collaboration Capabilities.