Reading Time: 2 minutes
Help students to understand the purpose of ungraded assessments, prepare for graded assessments, and how to apply feedback they receive on their evidence of learning.
Actionable Asynchronous Teaching Ideas
- Highlight what your Program Handbook says about assignments (e.g., late submissions)
- Give additional instructions, submission steps, and evaluation criteria explanations.
- Plan a grading system, including the use of eConestoga tools to provide feedback.
- Reach out to students who do not submit by the due date.
- This pathway video for new faculty explains Helping Students to Understand Assignments in Your Course.
- This pathway for new faculty describes Marking Assignments in eConestoga.
- This Hub post gives ideas about Providing Feedback in an Online Environment.