Reading Time: 2 minutes
Your students want to know who you are, as a professional and as a human! Develop your online persona to share your teaching presence and model for students how to bring themselves to asynchronous online learning.
Actionable Asynchronous Teaching Ideas
- Make a list of the following to add to your “Meet Your Professor” page in the Course Information section.
- appropriate professional and personal information about you
- images and links that you are comfortable sharing
- your contact info and communication expectations to share with students
- Be the first person to respond to the icebreaker activity in the discussion forum. (If there is no activity, create one!)
- Think about different ways to share about yourself, e.g., web links to projects, a short video, etc.
- See this video by Dr. Jenni Hayman, Chair, School of Business, for thoughts on how to show “teacher presence” in your course.
- Consider different ways to stay engaged with online students throughout the semester.
- Need some inspiration for how to introduce yourself? See these teacher introductions on the Learning Creative Learning website (archive).