You can actively promote learning for your students by “drawing the roadmap” for the different units, modules, or weeks of the course. Consider how you might provide academic and other student supports and services to meet students’ just-in-time course needs.
Actionable Asynchronous Teaching Tips
- At the beginning of a new unit, share a text or video message that introduces the learning outcomes, assignments, activities, and relationships between them.
- At the conclusion of a unit, share a second text or video message that reviews the unit, and provides reminders for what’s next.
- Monitor and participate in discussion forum posts to promote learning.
- Share College students supports as needed.
- Consider ways to help your students to complete readings and practice activities by reading this Hub post, Help Fully Online Learners Complete Non-Graded Course Work.
- Explore ways to promote learning by being an active participant in the asynchronous discussion forum.
- See this webpage for how students can Get Help In-Person and Online.