Sometimes the most efficient way to create a video is to narrate an existing PowerPoint. This tip will coach you through the process.
Start by setting up your PowerPoint. Have a glass of water nearby, you’re going to be talking a lot. Then follow these steps:
- Select the Slideshow tab.
- Choose Record Slideshow. Record from the beginning or from a particular slide.
- You will enter the recording view.
- Turn on your mic and choose whether to show your webcam.
- Find the controls to Record, Stop or Replay your narration/recording.
- Hit Record, and start to talk through your slides.
- If useful, use the markers along the bottom to annotate your presentation.
- At the end of your entire presentation, hit Stop.
- The narration and webcam recording will show in the bottom right corner of the slides.
Once your recording is done, you’ll have a narrated PowerPoint.
This will need to be saved as a video. To save your PowerPoint as a video:
- Select the Recording tab
- Choose Export to video.
- Choose the video quality, and make sure to use the Recorded Timings and Narrations.
- Choose Create video.
- Save this to your desktop for now.
Finally, you will need to Upload, caption and share your video in your course. Visit our post on how to create a YouTube channel to get automatic captioning.
- September 2, 2020
- 2 minutes ~
- This work is ©2020 All Rights Reserved