Graphic Interchange Formats (or GIFs, or .gifs) is a standardized file format, that runs a short video or series of images in a continuous loop. These videos are short and silent and need to be preceded by step-by-step text.
We can use .gifs instead of Word documents with screenshots, which quickly become cumbersome.
How to Create GIFs
To download ScreenToGif:
- Keep .gifs short (5 to 10 seconds).
- Zoom in to make the capture larger and clearer.
- Precede .gifs with concise text describing each step.
- Add alt text to the .gif, just like an image – right click on it to do this.
- If you use a cursor highlight, make it high contrast to the background. Effective colours are white, black, orange or bright blue.